Saturday, March 22, 2014

Philosophy of Education



                The purpose of education is to provide students with a safe environment that encourages learning in every student and subject that can allow children’s curiosity to lead them in many directions. Students should come into an environment where they can do anything they put their minds to, imaginative or real. As an educator my role is to facilitate learning and provide students with experiences that will enhance their growth and creativity. My goal is to provide students with tools in which they can learn to be self motivated learners through technology and other tools.
                I will do everything possible to reach every student. Whether it is through visuals, technology, projects, or auditory influenced lessons that will capture their interest and really allow students the necessary means in which to grow and expand their knowledge. Many children learn in a variety of ways through many different types of stimuli. A teacher must find a way to reach every student while teaching. I not only will I try and reach the diverse learners but I will try and reach the various backgrounds and cultural aspects as well. I will define my community of learners through interactive lessons in which they will learn to respect one another through collaboration both online and in the classroom. Through my classroom they will be able to establish a community that really shows the students how to solve daily problems, interpret and comprehend emotions, and be proud of their community classroom.
                I believe that many children learn in a variety of ways through many different types of stimuli. A teacher must find a way to reach every student while teaching. I believe through management of the classroom students will trust and respect each other enough to fully immerse themselves in all classroom lessons. They will act respectfully and honest to their peers. My instructional strategies will affect my teaching by providing all types of learners with many different real experiences both in their classroom and their community. My curriculum design will show that students should also lead curriculum by inquiry. Also student’s assessment will use creative techniques that will lead to next subject.
                I believe that I should allow time for growth for both the community and individual students. I will also provide many “take home” individual experiences that will in turn help the community.                 My goals are that students will be self motivated, inquisitive learners and will really have many experiences to build off of. I will provide students with opportunities in the classroom and online to bring global awareness into their thoughts by first examining cultural aspects of their current communities then expanding their minds to the global community on aspects such as human rights issues, environmental degradation, and international conflict.
                Having constructive relationships with all of the people critical to the growth of the child including, parents, teacher colleagues, administration, and community members is very important. I will go out of my way for every learner in my classroom to make sure they are receiving the best help available to them so that they can become the best that they can become.

1 comment:

  1. Your passion for teaching is clearly evident in your philosophy, Samantha! : >

    ReplyDelete